A GUIDE TO GET YOU STARTED & COMPLETE YOUR FIRST KNITTING PROJECT
(Warning: involves lots of Social media posts!)
3. Find a beginner project: All the kits on What Jane Knits are designed especially for beginners. However you may want to dig out an unfinished project you have already. For best results start simple and small.
4. Post on Social Media - your intention to start/finish your knitting project. I suggest an using an Instagram account and include the following hashtags #wjknewbie and #knittersofinstagram #whatjaneknits. There are many knitters online and they are a great support network.
5. Ravelry - it's like the Google/Facebook/Wikipedia for Knitters. Create a free account and have a look around. There is a link to the Ravelry page on the purse image - you can get a free pattern there.
6. Finish your first project - YAY!! Don't forget to post a project on Facebook, Instagram and/or Snapchat!
7. Learn a new technique. For your next project, choose something that uses a technique you haven’t used before. If you have just knitted plain/garter stitch then try rib knitting. Moss stitch is simple and fun and has a gorgeous look to it. Maybe you are jumping ahead to knit a Cable project! If you knitted a scarf, knit a beanie next!
8. If you get stuck on anything don’t just leave it languishing in a bag. Ask a friend or relative for assistance or Email me on email@example.com and I’ll try and help you.
9. Take your knitting out and about… Knit on public transport, in the park at the beach or cafes! Don’t hide your knitting. Share it with your community. You’ll be surprised at the number of friendly comments you receive.